- M. Avbelj in J. Letnar Černič, The impact of European institutions on the rule of law and democracy : Slovenia and beyond. Oxford: Hart, 2020.
- M. Avbelj and E. Bohinc, Slovenia. In: EMU Integration and Member States’ Constitutions / S. Griller and E. Lentsch (eds.), Hart Publishing, 2021, page 631 – 647.
- M. Avbelj in K. Vatovec, The Uneasy Reception of EU Soft Law in the Slovenian Legal Order. In: EU Soft Law in the Member States: Theoretical Findings and Empirical Evidence / M. Eliantonio, E. Korkea-aho and O. Stefan (eds.), Hart Publishing, 2021.
Scientific and professional articles
- M. Avbelj, Transnational limits of constitutionalism. Percorsi costituzionali: 2020, no. 2-3, p. 433-447.
- L. Brožič, Migration to the Republic of Slovenia as “A First Step” into the European Union, Sociology and Anthropology, apr. 2020, no. 8(3), p. 72-81.
- M. Avbelj, A Sovereign Europe as a Future of Sovereignty. European Papers, vol. 5, jul. 2020, no. 1, p. 299-302.
- M. Avbelj, Revitalization of EU Constitutionalism. iCourts Working Paper Series, no. 202, IMAGINE Paper no. 9, 09.07.2020.
- M. Avbelj, Constitutional Pluralism and Authoritarianism. German Law Journal, jul. 2020, no. 21(5), p. 1023-1031.
- L. Brožič, Ilegal migration and the role of Slovenian armed forces migracije in vloga slovenskih oboroženih sil. Contemporary Military Challenges, 2020, p. 67 – 86.
- M. Avbelj, Revitalisation of EU Constitutionalism, European Law Review, 2021, vol. 46, no. 1, p. 3-19.
- M. Avbelj, Constitutional Backsliding in Slovenia. In: Slovenia 30 Years after Independance / C. Hegeman (ed.). Munich: Südosteuropa-Gesellschaft e.V, p. 33-39.
- The Future of the EU’s Common Security and Defence Policy, Contemporary Military Challenges, September 2021 – 23/No. 3.
- L. Brožič, The Future of the EU’s Common Security and Defence Policy, Contemporary Military Challenges, September 2021 – 23/No. 3, Editorial, p. 11-13.
- I. Senčar, The Cognitive Aspects of Europe’s Security and Defence Challenges, Contemporary Military Challenges, September 2021 – 23/No. 3, p. 15-27.
- K. Vatovec, The Communitarization of the European Union’s Defence Policy, Contemporary Military Challenges, September 2021 – 23/No. 3, p. 29-42.
- M. Avbelj, The Future of the Common Security and Defence Policy and a Constitutional Question, Contemporary Military Challenges, September 2021 – 23/No. 3, Review, p. 83-85.
Columns and blogs
- Author Interview: The Impact of EU Institutions on the Rule of Law and Democracy (Slovenia and Beyond), IACL-AIDC BLOG, 19.5.2020.
Appearances in the media
Symposia and conferences
- Academic forum: The Treaty of Lisbon 10 Years On – A Look into the Future, New University, 12.12.2019.
- E-academic forum: The Many Faces of Constitutional Backsliding in Central Europe, New University, 3.6.2020.
- Webinar: Democracy, Rule of Law and Authoritarian Populisms: A Postcard from Europe, New Univesrity and Diritti Comparati, 10.06.2020.
- Webinar: When Brexit meets a pandemic: What’s next for the UK–EU future relationship?, The British Embassy, Centre for European Perspective and Bled Strategic Forum, 22.6.2020.
- Academic forum: Judicial Reforms in Comparative Perspective: Croatia, Slovakia and Slovenia, New University, 19.11.2020.
- Academic forum: Memory and the future of Europe; Rupture and integration in the wake of total war, New University, 3.3.2021.
- Academic forum: Compliance with European Court of Human Rights Judgments in Slovenia, New University, 10.3.2021.
- Academic forum: The Conference on the Future of Europe: Prospects, Ambitions and Pitfalls. New University, 17.3.2021.
- International Conference: Rule of Law in the EU: Consensus and Discontents. University of Portsmouth, 10-11.6.2021.
- Online Panel Discussion Invitation: Slovenia 30 years after independence – Still the region’s ‘frontrunner’?, Südosteuropa-Gesellschaft e.V. (SOG), 17.6.2021.
- Ideology, Dissent and (Dis)Trust at Constitutional Courts in Central Europe. ICON∙S Mundo Conference, 7.7.2021.
- International Conference: Future of EU Constitutionalism. New University, 23. – 24. 9. 2021.